In the past few days, various organizations have increased their efforts to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus pandemic. As a church, we also want to take necessary precautions to keep our community safe.
The San Mateo County Department of Public Health has recommended that all events larger than 250 people be cancelled or postponed, and that smaller gatherings maintain a social distancing of at least 6 feet. In light of these new directives, the pastoral team has decided to take the following precautions:
- Sunday service will be hosted exclusively virtually every Sunday at 11 AM
- Care Group gathering will be on virtual meeting through Zoom Conference
- Virtual prayer meeting every Wednesday at 7 PM
To be clear, we should not be fearful because our trust is in the Lord. But we also want to exercise wisdom and make sure that we are not contributing to the spread of this disease. We believe that these precautions are one way that we can be wise and obey Jesus’ command, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Experience Church Online
Since we will not have our normal Sunday gatherings, we encourage you to join virtual church. For your convenient, we have set up two online Sunday services. Learn more about Church Online
The benefits of joining online is that you can watch the service from the comfort of your own home, or have a watch party with your family or Care Group. However you choose to enjoy virtual church, let’s make the most out of this situation and thank God for technology!
Online Prayer Meeting
During this time, we invite you to pray for our government leaders, health researchers, and the general safety of the public. Also, please pray that the church will be a beacon of hope during this time.
If you are facing challenges in this difficult situation, we are here to pray for you and your family. Just drop us an email and we will pray for you.
As a church we rely on the generosity of our congregation and we would like to encourage you to continue giving in this season. For your convenience, we have added mobile giving via Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Guidelines for individuals
Continue to adhere to State and local guidance as well as complementary CDC guidance, particularly with respect to face coverings.
Read more official resources about COVID-19 from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
CONTINUE TO PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Strongly consider using face coverings while in public, and particularly when using mass transit.